We are here for you>
BAPTIST COLLEGE OF THEOLOGY, OYO
COLLEGE PROJECTS/ACTIVITIES FROM JULY 2020 TILL JANUARY, 2022
- Smooth and successful running of our academic activities despite the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic; the College was able to complete 2019/2020 and 2020/2021 sessions as appropriate. The 2021/2022 academic session is currently ongoing by the grace of God.
- 2021/2022 Admission and Resumption.
- 2021 Graduation Ceremony.
- Annual ACTEA Reports and Payment is up to date.
- Resuscitation of Faculty Lecture.
- Academic Conference Resuscitated
- Annual Ministers’ Conference.
- Publication of two volumes of Journals and three books between July 2020 and October 2021.
- Bowen Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies: The College maintains her BA affiliated programme with Bowen University Iwo.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Religious Studies. The College initiated arrangement to offer a Postgraduate Diploma in Religious Studies, in affiliation with the University of Ibadan Consultancy Services Unit.
- Revival and Church Planting at Temidire Area, Oyo.
- Assessment of 2012-2017 Strategic Plans Document of the College and commencement of a committee for another Strategic Plans from 2021-2025 to capture our plans and projects in globally acceptable standards for running theological education.
- Grammarly Subscription for students and staff from 2021 till date.
- Langham Preaching Initiatives Seminar started in 2021 till date.
- Creation of Virtual Library as at December, 2021
- DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS
- Raising donations for blocks and cement for projects in the College.
- Rebuilding and raising weak and low parts of the College fences with over 6,000 blocks.
- Dedication of New Chapel: The new chapel of the College donated by a committed Baptist couple, Mr Wale & Kemi Adeleye, was completed and dedicated on May 20, 2021.
- Construction of Prayer Ground named Redemption Prayer ground was dedicated on Tuesday, March 9, 2021, as part of the Programme in honour of Pastor Mrs Deborah Olutoyin Ayokunle.
- Completed renovation of Pinnock House (the First Storey building in Oyo). It housed weekend and few weekdays students.
- Completion of the Skills Acquisition Centre with over 12 million naira aside equipment and furniture. It was dedicated on September 30, 2021.
- Renovation of College Gate by the Alumni Fellowship.
- Facilitated the Commencement of “Supo-Toyin Ayokunle” Guest House, which is at the roofing stage as at January 2022. Foundation was laid on May 28, 2021.
- Construction of concrete fish ponds.
- Installation of fifteen (15) Inverter security lights.
- FARMING AND IGR VENTURES
- Commencement of Fish Farming in the College vicinity and to the glory of God, we have harvested the first, second and third set of fish.
- Purchased 15 Acres of land at Adaro Village, Imini in Ilora, Oyo State.
- Commencement of farming on the College land at Obananko area and the recently acquired land earlier mentioned.
- Purchase of tailoring, barbing, and knitting equipment worth over One Million naira for the commencement of activities at the Skill Acquisition Centre.
- STAFF MATTERS
- Induction Service for the Rector.
- Appointment of New Deputy Rector of the College.
- Recruitment of a New College Registrar.
- Recruitment and Resumption of New Staff.
- Changing of Security Personnel Outfits.
- Organised Staff Seminar and Workshops (July 1-5 & August 2-5, 2021; January 24, 26-27).
- COMMUNITY RELATION
- Commencement of Radio Programme at Ajilete 92.1 FM.
- Award of Honour Service for Pastor Mrs Deborah Olutoyin Ayokunle.
- Hosting of Oyo Baptist Ministers’ Fellowship September 2021 meeting.
- 44th Founders Day Celebration and Official Opening of Skill Acquisition Centre on 30th September 2021.
- Opening of Creche for children of staff, students and people from outside from January 4th, 2022.
- In partnership with Global Deliverance Team (GLODET) and Free Health Support Services (FREHSSHER), the College facilitated a free medical examination for staff on Saturday, January 15, 2022.
- SPIRITUAL EXERCISE
As a community of faith, we continue with various spiritual exercises. These include:
- 21 Days Fasting and Prayers from July 6-26, 2020 and special 30 days prayer vigil by selected prayer group members from September 1-30, 2021.
- 3 Days Begin the Month with God and Vigils.
- Students Prayer groups.
- Faculty prayer.
- Non-Teaching Staff Prayer Group.
- Revival, Evangelism and Crusade.
- Church Planting.
- STUDENTS ‘WELFARE
- Operation of Food Bank and Support for the students since October 2020.
- Two days health programme for members of the College Community on Tuesday, March 16 and Wednesday, March 17, 2021.
- Making contact for financial sponsorship of indigent student Pastors.
Professor Esther Oluwafunmilayo AYANDOKUN
Professor of Christian Education &
RECTOR, Baptist College of Theology, Oyo,
Oyo State, Nigeria
31st January 2022.
Kindly drop your support financially to these bank accounts:
- School Fees – 0050493521 GT Bank
- Projects – 0050493545 GT Bank
- Dues – 2000339526 First Bank
- Food Bank – 0050493538 GT Bank
- Chapel Materials – 0050493538 GT Bank
Thank you and God bless.
For further information/enquiries, please contact:
Bursar, Rev. Joshua J. Olamoyegun
Registrar, Pastor Olusegun A. Okunlola
Rector, Prof. Esther O. Ayandokun
Respond to the call of God.